Job reference: BW10002：Software Engineer/Tech lead
Position: Software Engineer (Staff to Tech lead)
Salary: JPY 6M – JPY 18M
Location: Tokyo office
Date posted: September 30th, 2014
Best opportunity to grow yourstelf by collaborating with world top-notch engineers to develop global products (not Japanese localized products) where you can learn their expertise under the mission to hit goals by importing advanced technologies and development methods of Indeed (the world-biggest job search engine).
Assigned as pioneer team to develop new products in an innovative way, leveraging our various services which has dominant market share. Thus, you will be a part of our team as a pioneer to build a new method for providing and developing services and to launch those services.
You will own delivery of crucial components and mentor other engineers in development process and technical skills. You will design and develop reusable software components and promote best practices for agile software development. And you will help build a world-class Tokyo-based development team.
You’re someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You want to work with a lot of technologies, with the opportunity to constantly learn new things. You take pride in designing elegant, simple solutions to challenging problems. You feel a strong sense of ownership for everything you build.
Things you know should include:
- • Java or a Java–like programming language
- • Modern software architecture and design patterns, such as service–oriented (SOA) and event–driven (EDA) architectures
- • Techniques for sophisticated content assembly and delivery using middle–tier web technology stacks and best practices for supporting AJAX front-ends
- • How to apply data structures and algorithms to write high–performance, scalable systems
- • Best practices for writing maintainable, well–tested code
Background and experience we’d like for you to have:
- • A degree in Computer Science or related area, or equivalent work experience
- • At least 5 years of experience in software development
- • Experience building web applications (ideally in Java and/or Python)
- • Experience with a wide range of data stores, including relational, column-oriented, document–oriented, and key-/value stores (ideally MySQL, MongoDB, Memcache, Redis)
- • Experience with large–scale processing of data sets (ideally using Hadoop)
- • Familiarity with information retrieval (IR), knowledge representation, or computational linguistics
Java, software, developer, online, web service, job search
About the Company:
Indeed is a wholly owned subsidiary of Recruit.
At Indeed, we build software that helps people get jobs. Indeed is the #1 job site in the world, helping over 140 million people every month find jobs.
We are looking for talented, experienced software engineers to join our brand new engineering office in Tokyo and help us build applications and services for jobseekers and employers.
To see examples of technology challenges we’ve tackled at Indeed, visit our engineering blog at http://engineering.indeed.com.
More people find jobs on Indeed than anywhere else. Job seekers can search millions of jobs on the web or mobile in over 50 countries. More than 100 million people each month search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies on Indeed, and Indeed is the #1 source of external hires for thousands of companies.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create and welcoming a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact us!
Check Briswell’s Human Resource Service at: http://www.briswell.com/english/humanresource/